Management System Policy Statement
SJL Brickwork Limited strive to become the leading brickwork, blockwork, stonework and masonry contractor in the North East of the United Kingdom. To achieve this we will work productively with partners. We recognise that care of our employees and the environment are central to our business.
Our Management System identifies significant quality, environmental and health and safety aspects together with the associated impacts of our operations. These impacts will be managed at all times in a way that minimises risk to our customers, the environment, all employees, visitors and contractors on site.
We believe in demonstrating our commitment to continual improvement through the implementation of our Management Systems, compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
Specifically we will:
- Include quality, environmental and health and safety considerations in existing management systems and initiatives with the aim of improving our management processes, customer satisfaction, environmental and health and safety performance.
- As a minimum, we will comply with all relevant legislation, contractual obligations and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Work in partnership with our contractors and suppliers to influence and / or improve their environmental and health and safety performance.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Implement systems to review and monitor performance, liaising with outside bodies where relevant, in order to achieve or exceed set (company) objectives and targets which will demonstrate and ensure continual improvement.
- Identify and seek to reduce significant environmental and heal and safety aspects, prevent injury, ill-health and pollution incidents which may arise from our processes, operations and work activities.
- Aim to reduce waste generated from process activities and utilise waste minimisation philosophies to promote reuse and recycling.
- Make adequate provision for dealing with all emergency situations in our business.
- Ensure available access to quality, environmental and health and safety information and training for our staff, encouraging them to apply good practice at all times.
- Consult with our staff regarding quality, environmental and health and safety issues and all related matters.
This policy will be made available to the public and will be reviewed on a regular basis.